Please find site homepages for tournaments as well as tournament schedule for each team. Please note this tournament schedule will not be finalized until 8/31 so the current schedule is preliminary only. In the event there are any issues with tournament availability the schedule is subject to change. We have included a tournament browser and tournament resource section below the schedule that will continue to grow to help parents with what to expect during tournament season.
Use the below carousel to navigate tournaments and visit their homepages for more information:
Getting an understanding of tournaments and tournament logistics whether you are a first-time volleyball parent or experienced is always helpful in advance. Please consult your coach if you have questions. However, here are a few pointers we can help you with now:
– Travel teams are usually going to attend 5-7 tournaments per year. We tend to focus on the Central Florida region for tournaments and are fortunate that these locations host many of the top Florida tournaments.
– Tournaments are a mixture of local tournaments, regional tournaments, regional qualifier tournaments and national tournaments
– Qualifying tournaments are managed by USAV and are used to get a “bid” to USAV nationals. These bids are always very challenging to receive. Some clubs travel out of state to get these bids as Florida is very competitive.
– Regional tournaments that are not hosted by USAV are good tournaments to teach, develop and prepare the teams for qualifying and national tournaments.
– Local tournaments are local to the Sarasota-Bradenton area.
– The Florida regional qualifier is the Florida USAV tournament and Elite focuses on placing well here for bid. Bids are a challenge.
– Many clubs attend AAU Nationals in the event that a bid at USAV Nationals is not received. Most if not all Elite Volleyball teams will attend AAU Nationals.
– Tournaments typically involve a “play-in” portion to determine the “pool” or “bracket” portion. In a two or three day tournament, the tournament will likely have a “play-in” portion on day 1 (for example)
– Brackets often involve a “bronze”, “silver” and “gold” brackets based on “play-in” positioning.
– You can follow rankings and results on the USAV website and those rankings are below under the rankings section.
– Coaches will share links to purchase tickets in advance. Often times this includes a team code.
– Many people take a photograph of their drivers license to make entering to entry gates more simple
– We will continue to add helpful information to our resource page